track ip addresses, phone numbers, etc

Scammed? How to complain if you are a victim of fraud on the Internet.

Published on 09 December 2010

scammer hacker spammer

Have you been scammed or do you know someone who has been scammed? Did you send $500 to someone by Western Union or Moneygram only to have him disappear? Did you try to help out a prince or widow who was thrown out in a coup and has a billion

Here is a list of resources you can use in order to bring the scammer to justice.

United States

Identity Theft or Phishing

If your information has been stolen, contact the three bureaus immediately.

Complain to the FTC at their identity theft hotline at 1-877-ID-THEFT (438-4338) or TTY: 1-866-653-4261. You can also send a postal letter to

Identity Theft Clearinghouse, Federal Trade Commission, 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20580.

Stolen Checks/Cheques

Scammed by a Local Business?

Contact the Better Business Bureau


Unauthorized Banking If you know of any fake banks operating in an unauthorized manner, contact the OCC.

Created on 09 December 2010

Affiliate Disclosure: Some of the links to products on this blog are affiliate links. It simply means, at no additional cost to you, we’ll earn a commission if you click through and buy any product.