Song of Solomon 1
- The song of songs, which is Solomon2019s.
- Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.
- Because of the savour of thy good ointments thy name is as ointment poured forth, therefore do the virgins love thee.
- Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.
- I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.
- Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother2019s children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.
- Tell me, O thou whom my soul loveth, where thou feedest, where thou makest thy flock to rest at noon: for why should I be as one that turneth aside by the flocks of thy companions?
- If thou know not, O thou fairest among women, go thy way forth by the footsteps of the flock, and feed thy kids beside the shepherds2019 tents.
- I have compared thee, O my love, to a company of horses in Pharaoh2019s chariots.
- Thy cheeks are comely with rows of jewels, thy neck with chains of gold.
- We will make thee borders of gold with studs of silver.
- While the king sitteth at his table, my spikenard sendeth forth the smell thereof.
- A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts.
- My beloved is unto me as a cluster of camphire in the vineyards of Engedi.
- Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves2019 eyes.
- Behold, thou art fair, my beloved, yea, pleasant: also our bed is green.
- The beams of our house are cedar, and our rafters of fir.
Go to full book of Song of Solomon ⤴