- The burden of the desert of the sea. As whirlwinds in the south pass through; so it cometh from the desert, from a terrible land.
- A grievous vision is declared unto me; the treacherous dealer dealeth treacherously, and the spoiler spoileth. Go up, O Elam: besiege, O Media; all the sighing thereof have I made to cease.
- Therefore are my loins filled with pain: pangs have taken hold upon me, as the pangs of a woman that travaileth: I was bowed down at the hearing of it; I was dismayed at the seeing of it.
- My heart panted, fearfulness affrighted me: the night of my pleasure hath he turned into fear unto me.
- Prepare the table, watch in the watchtower, eat, drink: arise, ye princes, and anoint the shield.
- For thus hath the LORD said unto me, Go, set a watchman, let him declare what he seeth.
- And he saw a chariot with a couple of horsemen, a chariot of asses, and a chariot of camels; and he hearkened diligently with much heed:
- And he cried, A lion: My lord, I stand continually upon the watchtower in the daytime, and I am set in my ward whole nights:
- And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground.
- O my threshing, and the corn of my floor: that which I have heard of the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, have I declared unto you.
- The burden of Dumah. He calleth to me out of Seir, Watchman, what of the night? Watchman, what of the night?
- The watchman said, The morning cometh, and also the night: if ye will enquire, enquire ye: return, come.
- The burden upon Arabia. In the forest in Arabia shall ye lodge, O ye travelling companies of Dedanim.
- The inhabitants of the land of Tema brought water to him that was thirsty, they prevented with their bread him that fled.
- For they fled from the swords, from the drawn sword, and from the bent bow, and from the grievousness of war.
- For thus hath the LORD said unto me, Within a year, according to the years of an hireling, and all the glory of Kedar shall fail:
- And the residue of the number of archers, the mighty men of the children of Kedar, shall be diminished: for the LORD God of Israel hath spoken it.