- Who is as the wise man? and who knoweth the interpretation of a thing? a man2019s wisdom maketh his face to shine, and the boldness of his face shall be changed.
- I counsel thee to keep the king2019s commandment, and that in regard of the oath of God.
- Be not hasty to go out of his sight: stand not in an evil thing; for he doeth whatsoever pleaseth him.
- Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?
- Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man2019s heart discerneth both time and judgment.
- Because to every purpose there is time and judgment, therefore the misery of man is great upon him.
- For he knoweth not that which shall be: for who can tell him when it shall be?
- There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.
- All this have I seen, and applied my heart unto every work that is done under the sun: there is a time wherein one man ruleth over another to his own hurt.
- And so I saw the wicked buried, who had come and gone from the place of the holy, and they were forgotten in the city where they had so done: this is also vanity.
- Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.
- Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him:
- But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he feareth not before God.
- There is a vanity which is done upon the earth; that there be just men, unto whom it happeneth according to the work of the wicked; again, there be wicked men, to whom it happeneth according to the work of the righteous: I said that this also is vanity.
- Then I commended mirth, because a man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry: for that shall abide with him of his labour the days of his life, which God giveth him under the sun.
- When I applied mine heart to know wisdom, and to see the business that is done upon the earth: (for also there is that neither day nor night seeth sleep with his eyes:)
- Then I beheld all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun: because though a man labour to seek it out, yet he shall not find it; yea farther; though a wise man think to know it, yet shall he not be able to find it.
Go to full book of Ecclesiastes ⤴