Cell phone secrets and tricks for Sony Ericsson T610
Undocumented information, tricks, utilities, pranks (bluejacking) with your cell phone.
I have a terrific Sony Ericsson T610 cell phone which was also my first cell phone. It is Bluetooth enabled, IR enabled and has a bunch of other features that I love to use. I compliled a list of shortcuts and undocumented (not illegal) information on using the Sony Ericsson T610. You may not find a lot of this even on the official Sony Ericsson website for T610.
Bluejacking and how to bluejack !!
Bluejacking is a harmless prank played on people who have switched Bluetooth on their phones. It was "invented" by someone nicknamed ajack, hence the name bluejack.
Bluejacking is NOT the same as hacking, so wannabe hacker kids, DO NOT ask me how to blue snarf or read others' contact lists on their cell phones.
If you want that kind of information, look elsewhere. For more on how to bluejack people, read below:
- Add a new phone contact-
- In the Name field, enter the message you want to appear on the victim's phone, for example
Your hair is messy!!. You can also enter values for other fields like
404for Phone and
- Now, get out into the open and go to a crowded place. Most Americans don't have Bluetooth enabled cell phones, and you may find it hard to find one. The likely places are stations and malls.-
- Enter the Phonebook, select Manage contact and then select Send contact-
- Select the new contact you just created-
- Your phone does a scan around the area for other Bluetooth enabled devices. It shows all that are displayed. Usually, if you see names like
T630it means you have a victim!!
- Select the victim and click on Send. If you get the message
Contact sentit means you've just bluejacked somebody!!-
- You can also send pictures to your victim by adding them to your bluejack contact. The best thing about this is even if the victim rejects the contact that you sent him/her, the picture gets automatically saved in the victim's My Pictures section The disadvantage is that if you use pictures in the contact details, it may not automatically get saved in other phones like Nokia. But then you could always have a number of bj contacts ;)-
Note: I lost interest in bluejacking after 2 or 3 successful tries. Its just a prank. Do NOT harass the victim or else you might find yourself in the dock. Be careful, especially in airports where the tolerance level is very low. Also don't send threatening messages. Technically you cannot be traced, but if the victim notices you behaving in a suspicious way with your mobile phone in your hand, you better run or wait to be flogged!!
General Shortcuts in the Sony Ericsson T610
|Getting smileys while composing text messages||press the 1 key three times|
How to see the phone blockage
How to go to the service menu
Unlocking your cell phone
The best way is to mail your phone provider and ask them to send you the unlocking code. Also send your phone number, phone model and IMEA number. Unlock your phone at your own risk!
Finding your IMEA number
The IMEA number on your cell phone is a 15 digit number of the format
To find it, you have to press
*#06# on your keypad. It will display your IMEA number.
< move the joystick left
> move the joystick right
Created on 01 April 2004