When you connect an iPhone or iPad to your Mac the first time, it automatically opens the Image Capture app. This can be annoying on many levels. I prefer to set nothing to open when my devices are plugged in. Many others would prefer iTunes or iPhone to automatically open.
Operating Systems: Mac OS X Yosemite
If you want to prevent any app from opening on your Mac when you plug in your devices, this is what you do.
- Allow Image Capture to open (this is the only time).
- Look at the small triangle, pointing upwards, on the top left of the Image Capture window. Click on it. The triangle rotates 180 degrees and you see this menu.
- Select No application from the list.
Unplug your device and try connecting anyd evice via USB to see if it opens up automatically. Let me know if it still does.
Alternatively, if you want any other application to open when you plug in your iPhone or iPad, select another application from the list in step (3).
- Useful Chat URLs for iPhone and iPod Touch users
- Stop Image Capture from opening when a new device is connected
- Stop Photos app from opening automatically when an iPhone or iPad is connected to the Mac
- Mac OS X Terminal: Keyboard word shortcut
- How to reset admin password on Mac OS X
- How to find UDID of iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- Install Ruby on Rails from source
- Convert docx to doc in Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Leopard
If you have any questions, please contact me at arulbOsutkNiqlzziyties@gNqmaizl.bkcom. You can also post questions in our Facebook group. Thank you.