- These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
- They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
- And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.
- But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.
- But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?
- But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.
- Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
- And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
- Of sin, because they believe not on me;
- Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
- Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
- I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
- Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
- He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
- All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
- A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.
- Then said some of his disciples among themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me: and, Because I go to the Father?
- They said therefore, What is this that he saith, A little while? we cannot tell what he saith.
- Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me?
- Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
- A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.
- And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.
- And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
- Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
- These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
- At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
- For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.
- I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
- His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.
- Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.
- Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?
- Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.
- These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.