- And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.
- And the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me.
- And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me, even unto this very day.
- For they are impudent children and stiffhearted. I do send thee unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD.
- And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them.
- And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house.
- And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they are most rebellious.
- But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee.
- And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein;
- And he spread it before me; and it was written within and without: and there was written therein lamentations, and mourning, and woe.