2 Corinthians 2
- But I determined this with myself, that I would not come again to you in heaviness.
- For if I make you sorry, who is he then that maketh me glad, but the same which is made sorry by me?
- And I wrote this same unto you, lest, when I came, I should have sorrow from them of whom I ought to rejoice; having confidence in you all, that my joy is the joy of you all.
- For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with many tears; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye might know the love which I have more abundantly unto you.
- But if any have caused grief, he hath not grieved me, but in part: that I may not overcharge you all.
- Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many.
- So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.
- Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him.
- For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things.
- To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;
- Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
- Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ2019s gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord,
- I had no rest in my spirit, because I found not Titus my brother: but taking my leave of them, I went from thence into Macedonia.
- Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.
- For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:
- To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?
- For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.